InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Monday, December 19, 2016

Donuts, Trump-HRC Debates, Silly Scramble


Dear Sillies,
   This Monday/Tuesday scramble includes a few posts about Scorpio.
I'll order them chronologically, so you can read them straight through without getting confused.
  I also present you with a final batch of your silly comments.
  Please stay warm and well. 
  Be gentle with yourself.
  You are loved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pickleope Von Pickleope I prefer deep fried deep fry. I don't need all the filler, just fry. Crispy, crispy fry. And the ice cream, of course. Mitchell is Moving You should check with Ben Carson and see if they stored matzoh meal along with the grain in those pyramids. fishducky I am about to start a sloth milk only diet. Dixie@dcrelief Robyn, you are one of my favorite sick chicks - oops, maybe # 1 now, (smile).
Connie May the road (or something) rise up to meet you.
Al Penwasser
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Uranus makes me laugh
You too?
Optimistic Existentialist Feel the Bern!!!!

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Scorpio joked about doughnuts being necessary, especially the jelly filled; they have Vitamin C. Meanwhile, other little things caused pause. Like when he asked, “What’s for dinner tonight?” I was expected to provide nightly meals? And when he requested not one but two jars of spaghetti sauce --to have leftovers, when I asked if he wanted anything in particular for dinner. And when, the following day, he said "I forgot to take the leftover spaghetti home." As if I’d welcomed him to take it home.
   Day 19:   "I had a good work day, and I’m thinking about you honey," he texted. "I’ll call you by around 6."
   Six o’clock came and went. I’m a stickler about punctuality and reliability. If a man’s not good for his word, I go into crazy-angry-fierce-How-dare-you? mode. I’m working on it, though. So by the time 6:20 rolled around, I decided to exercise.
   "Sorry honey, I was watching the debates," he messaged at 6:40pm.
   "I’m going to gym. Will call you by 8pm."
   As I jogged on the treadmill, my pace quickened to a run, beams of sweat dripped down my face, and then damn him! He’d rather watch Trump and Hillary than be with me!? WTF! We’re doomed! 
   At home, I washed up and purposely let 8pm pass. In part, I was very consciously being passive aggressive. To my credit, though, I wanted to calm down before talking to him.
   A knock at the door. There he was, handsome as always, concerned. "You didn’t call me. What’s wrong?" He stepped in and saw that I'd been crying, "Do you not want to see me?"
   "No, I do. I’m just upset."
   He handled it well, was calm and reassuring. "I’m just not used to answering to someone," he said. "I’m sorry. I just spaced out."
   I explained why basic follow-through and punctuality matter to me. "Am I asking too much?" My question, sincere.
   He remained calm. "No."
 to be continued (below). 

43 comments:

  1. I'm guessing he's not the greatest chef you've ever dated. What's going to happen next? I await the next episode with trepidation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had him make the meat sauce and it turned out pretty good. But that wasn't a big deal. And I didn't give him the damn leftovers. Oops, is my frustration coming out? It's cuz I love you all. Thanks, GB.

      Delete
  2. Sigh.
    Hiss and spit and sigh.
    My father was a Scorpio - the star sign most likely to be murdered. And I was tempted often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the relevant sound effects, EC. I know you're always in my corner.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It better not, Alex, especially not a Trump debate. That was a really bad sign.

      Delete
  4. Rather watch those two clowns? Damn, that's pathetic. And I'm with you, when someone says they are going to do something, they should damn well do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat. Glad you and my other friends here agree.

      Delete
  5. "Could you fetch me a beer and do my laundry. I'm not used to doing my own." Is this what comes next? I would almost expect it after "make my dinner and give me the leftovers." Does he show any appreciation at all or just expectation about your role in this "relationship"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Week one, he did. He brought me a few lunch boxes (I collect lunch boxes, and he was highly appreciative the first few days). The sex was good. Beyond that - yeah, no. Not at all. I think it's push back from my push back. I'd drawn some clear lines about care taking. That is, I wouldn't be his care taker.

      Delete
  6. hmmm. is he an improvement project? Part of 2017 charity? TBC....keep us guessing but he'd better straighten up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So he's just not used to answering to someone but is perfectly able to deal with you making dinner for him and him taking the food home!?? WTF?? If you meet his family and they are all over 400lbs, you will see that food is #1. When I got together with current hubby, if he said he would call me at 6pm, he called me at 6pm. If you have been together for 10 years and he wanted to listen to the debate rather than talk to you at that moment, I get that since my hubby will do this with me ( but after he still apologizes and asks what I was saying). He sounds......lazy. It remind all me a bit of my first husband. He is sloppy, loves food, didn't like to answer( not that he wasn't used to) and was lazy in giving an effort to our relationship. He was happy with sex, food and sleep and can be the best friend ever but don't ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your response, Birgit, and I really appreciate it. Thank you! I was feeling a little insecure about expecting the phonecall when he said he would, and that kind of thing. I can be really uptight about it. But if you can't count on follow through for the little things, like I told Scorpio, how could I trust him with bigger stuff?

      Delete
  8. He still sounds like someone with potential, after a bit of tweaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very nice, Stephen. I suppose everyone has potential, but a woman doesn't want a project. Let me rephrase that: This woman doesn't want a project.

      Delete
  9. I don't know. I've gotten old and lazy. I don't care what time Willy Dunne Wooters shows up. I just assume he'll take home the leftovers. I'm a lot more relaxed than I used to be, maybe because if he's late, I know he's moving slowly. He's not with another woman.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well when you get to that trusting point in a relationship, whatever works, works.
      Love.

      Delete
  10. I'm liking this guy less and less, sorry to say. Sounds like he expects a lot from you without giving in return. I'm a stickler for punctuality and reliability too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. This is really affirming. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a stickler about those things.

      Delete
  11. I read Day 20 before this one. Hmm. I see a lot of red flags...I don't want you to get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, JoJo. It's tough not to comment, since I've written this months afterward. I'm not over the hurt, though. It gets worse, unpredictably so. But it gets better, for the sake of good story. Stay tuned. Thanks for caring.

      Delete
  12. In my what-passes-for-experience, if you are late for things right off the bat, when you are (supposed to be)trying to impress, it'll only get worse. That's how BFs become, "my LATE BF..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes. Thank you. The man's perspective on punctuality - I appreciate it, CW.

      Delete
  13. In my defense, some context would help. Honestly, context for my weird quote would help me. It seems like he goofed, recognizes that it hurt your feelings and is willing to make amends. I don't think you were asking too much and I don't think he intentionally was choosing the debates over you. You aired your feelings and he acknowledged them and apologized. I think it's a good sign on both of your parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see about that, PVP.
      And yeah, sometimes, context helps. Sometimes, it doesn't matter.

      Delete
  14. I think I read your posts out of order so this one added some context to the last one I read. Either way...Scorpio seems a bit off in his behavior. Why would he expect you to be providing his dinner this new into your relationship? It's not that I didn't cook for hubby early on but there was never the expectation that I do so. He always offered for us to go out and back in those days the guy always paid. (I realize that has changed a bit)

    I don't blame you for being miffed with the late text but the added "he was busy watching the debates" is inexcusable. Honestly they weren't worth watching. It sucks to be playing seconds to Trump and Hillary. Normal people would of been looking for an excuse to get away from anything dealing with the election.

    As you have heard from me numerous times. You deserve better than what you get in these guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your caring words, and the fact that I can always count on you for caring words, Cheryl.

      Delete
  15. Sounds like a work in progress. Watch and see for a bit. Happy Holidays Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I dunno...but being thoughtful and considerate of someone else's time and feelings is HUGE for me. And what was HE going to make YOU for dinner?

    He's becoming a little annoying. As I read about him, I suddenly feel like getting on the treadmill to burn off frustration. I can only imagine what it was like for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha. It sure would be nice to have a man cook for me, for a change.

      Delete
  17. I often ask the wife "What's for dinner tonight?", but it's in the context of what WE'RE making, not what SHE'S making. She's my wife, after all, not a live-in maid and chef.

    I already get the feeling this is going to end poorly, and I'm sighing in sadness for you. Anyone who picks the angry Cheeto or the pantsuit corpse over you is craaaaazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, making dinner together sounds nice - much nicer than "Bring me my dinner, b*tch!" Scorpio might as well have said that.
      Thank you, BnB.

      Delete
  18. Did you ask him who won the debate? That might be telling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After all, he said it was "a joke." Yet he needed to watch it. (?)

      Delete
  19. Being late drives me crazy! If i'm not early, I consider myself late. Promptness is also important to me. Then there's the whole being a guy thing. I don't know- there's a fine line on what can be overlooked.... HMMMM- dare I say I am making an assumption how things end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, guys can be just plain lazy and/or neglectful, even when it's the last thing they intend.

      Thanks Holli.

      Delete
  20. Oh boy. Sounds like this one needs to go. I better read the next!

    ReplyDelete