InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Monday, December 5, 2016

Me and Scorpio Man

http://typesofinsects.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/is-a-scorpion-an-insect.jpg

   You know I don't believe in love at first sight, my friends. But I was instantly drawn to Scorpio Man when I spotted him in a crowded club this past September. The handsome, clean-cut guy grinned in appreciation of the music. He sat alone at a table, one small glass of alcohol in front of him. I kept dancing. And looking his way. And scheming. 
   Finally, I casually placed my glass on his table. Then I went back to dance to one more song. Then I returned to his table and lifted my glass for a sip (of water, which I'd finished hours earlier). Lucky me, a nearby chair was free. 
   "Do you mind?" I asked.
   "Sure, go ahead." 
   Conversation easily spilled from there. Scorpio works in construction and moonlights as an artist. He's divorced with a grown daughter. His marriage ended due to infidelity on his wife's part . . . Though he has a drug history, Scorpio cleaned up his act eight years ago and never looked back. I shared about my work and writing, marital demise, what brought me to Chico. 
   He  listens too, I thought. What's his deal? "So what do you think of Trump? You don't like him, do you?"
   "No, he's scary." 
   Phew. "Definitely scary."
   "Last call for alcohol!" the bartender shouted, as the music faded. "We're closing in five minutes!"
   We proceeded to stroll around the semi-busy downtown area, chatting away. I felt as though I could comfortably fall into Scorpio's arms. We'd be a good match, he informed. Scorpios and Cancers get along great.
   But I had to go potty, and it was nearly 1:00 am. "It's way past my bedtime," I told him. As Scorpio walked me to my car, he put my number in his phone.
   "Do you want to go for a hike tomorrow?" he asked.
   "Yeah, sure." I paused. "I have a few things going on, but that'd be great." I was interested. Yet I didn't want to move too quickly. Actually I did, but I knew I shouldn't. 
   Scorpio warmed me with a generous hug. "So nice," I said softly.
   "I want to kiss you," he whispered, and then he did. A brief chemical, firework-y kiss. "Wow, that kiss -"
   We parted ways. 
    -to be continued.

45 comments:

  1. You're smart not to take things too fast too soon. But looking forward to Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that "let's take it slow" thing doesn't always go as planned. I mean, you'll see. Thanks, Deb.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm after all your adventures I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop haha clearly he wasn't an axe murderer that wanted to get you out in the middle of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but we did go hiking out in the middle of the woods.

      I'm glad my friends wait with me for the shoe to drop. I wonder where that saying came from, by the way. Someone with big feet and bad luck in love, I suppose.

      Delete
  3. Well, I must say this sounds promising and hope it proves a happy relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Robyn, forgive an off-topic alarmist but the kind comment you sent to Invalid's Workshop took 24 hours to arrive --even behind KK's and he's in India. Google moogies? Are they at it again?

      Delete
  4. I am hoping. So much. Probably nearly as much as you were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good part about starting off with fireworks is that there's no time to hope it works out. It does, at least at first.

      Delete
  5. This isn't the guy who breaks out of the wrappings and tries to conquer the... oh, wait, that was the Scorpion KING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By this point, who cares whether one should or shouldn't, if he can't deal with what you feel, then smell ya later! The kiss sounds divine! I had that attitude when I met my current hubby and thought he can take me the way I am and how I move or he can kiss my ass. Well he kissed my ass and a whole lot more and we have been together 10 years:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Birgit. You have the right attitude. Ten years of ass-and-more kissing sounds pretty awesome. Congrats to you. He's a lucky man. =)

      Delete
  7. Wow, Robyn, it didn't take long for the fireworks to ignite! Wasn't there a song called 'And then he kissed me'. I'm going to look it up right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing there are many songs called "And then he kissed me." At least that line is used countless times. Let me know what you found out when you researched that one, GB. =)

      Delete
  8. I always want these encounters to go well for you. have I mentioned that I'm a Scorpio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so funny. No, you hadn't yet mentioned that you're a Scorpio, Stephen. I'll keep that in mind. Wink.

      Delete
  9. Oh, exciting! You can't just leave us hanging like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You like to leave us hanging, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more about my having a hard time writing these stories, and writing them for blog posts, Alex. But if I can build some suspense all the better. Smiles.

      Delete
  11. A hike is an unusual first date, but it sounds fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, Diane, but not in California. I didn't add that I told him "No big hikes for me."

      Delete
  12. can't wait for part 2 and I hope the story doesn't go...BUT...then he screwed it up. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. Scorpio is a lucky man. I could only hope it works out, but I am worried that it will not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might know me a bit too well. Maybe not. We'll see. Smiles.
      Thank you, Jono.

      Delete
  14. So, where did the nickname Scorpio Man come from? I hope you didn't immediately say, "What's your sign?" after you asked him, "Come here often?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but he did fairly immediately ask me my sign, Mitchell. One of us is into following the zodiac.

      Delete
  15. Oh my. This sounds promising. Looking forward to part 2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, don't they have stingers? Let's hope he didn't sting you too badly. Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what happens next? Interesting. Looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Willy Dunne Wooters was love and lust and friendship at first sight. I wish the same to you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WDW is a keeper. Is Scorpio? We shall see . . .
      PS I'm leaving spaces for the ellipsis. I learned from the pro, but did I spell "ellipsis" correctly? I don't think I worded that right. Whatever, love you too.

      Delete
  19. Good for you!
    Incidentally, nowadays...by last call I've been asleep for a couple hours.
    Living the dream...living the dream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Al. Living that dream. I had a lot of extra energy that night. I'd probably slept in til 11am that morn.

      Delete
  20. I really hope this has a happy ending. I'd even settle for a happy-ish ending. An okay ending. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay endings are nice for me, aren't they? We shall see.

      Thanks, Bryan.

      Delete
  21. First kisses that are like fireworks are the best!!! I am so lucky my husband is a great kisser. I shudder at all the bad kisses i've had over the years before i married.

    ReplyDelete
  22. He sounds so sweet! Fireworks kisses are the best. I'm glad I don't have to wait to read part 2. :)

    ReplyDelete